Social Media Newsrooms
A Social Media Newsroom is a tailor-made news site which increases the possibilities for an organisation to initiate and manage conversations around its business.
Thanks to social media, most people today have the ability to share their opinions online. What customers, employees, politicians, partners, recruits and others are discussing may have a severe impact on a brand’s reputation. Organisations today have a need to communicate with a broader audience than only journalists. With a social media newsroom they get a platform that act as a hub for the organisation’s presence in social media, where news, images, videos and documents can be easily published, commented upon and then shared to other social networks.
A flexible solution that you control
In a time when so much of the engagement around a business or a brand takes place on external web sites like social networks and blogs, it is an advantage to maintain control over the central hub. A social media newsroom can be integrated into the client’s web site or put at a separate domain. The design is customized for each individual client and the content is completely based on the client’s demands. Thanks to the flexible platform, it is easy to change or add functionality as needs change or as new social channels emerge.
In the age of social media, companies will increasingly become content producers in their own right. A social media newsroom mainly consists of news in the form of press releases, articles or statements. You can also easily integrate corporate blogs into the newsroom. In addition, the newsroom also will host content from, and connections to, the organisation’s Facebook page, YouTube videos, Flickr photos, Twitter account, SlideShare presentations and so on.
All content can also easily be shared to other social channels.
10 reasons to use a social media newsroom
- Better possibilities to engage in convesations directly with target audiences, without having to go through a third party
- Increased visibility in search engines thanks to an optimized platform
- You get a central hub that connects your social media properties
- You control the web site yourself, which gives maximum flexilibity
- The possilibity to integrate the newsroom with the traditional web site
- Tailor-made design
- Low costs thanks to the use of open source tools
- Increased connection to blogs and online media thanks to functionality in the platform (like “ping” and “trackbacks”)
- Easy to manage and to update
- Possibility to quick response in for example a crisis situation
We build social media newsrooms based on the blogging platform WordPress, which we find is best suited for this purpose. Millions of blogs are published on WordPress today and there is a community of developers that create useful plugins that you often are free to use, or to build upon. 61 Degrees North also build and develop customized plugins and widgets for our clients.
We have built social media newsrooms to some of the largest companies in Sweden. Welcome to contact us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org